Essentials of Coaching Veterans & Reservists
Registration extended through October 7th, 2011, for October 11 - 25 Webinar
This ICF-approved teleclass is an introduction to the critical role coaches can play in the successful transition of veterans and Reservists, into the civilian workforce. Designed for internal and external coaches, this four-session learning event is a one-of-a-kind professional development offering.
As hiring organizations increase their use of coaches to transition former military and active duty Reservists, specialized knowledge and credentials will differentiate you from coaches without insight to the cultural learning curve. Developed and facilitated by Emily King, the nation’s leading authority on military-to-civilian transition, each of three sessions will focus on a key topic area as it pertains to high-impact coaching.
Participants receive 8.25 Continuing Coach Education credits from the International Coach Federation ICF), as well as a certificate of completion.
- Frameworks for working with key cultural differences & the military transition process
- Success factors, career derailers, and coaching strategies that work
- Avoiding common coaching pitfalls related to assumption & bias
- Sub-group sensitivities – transition challenges unique to Reservists & Wounded Warriors
Participants Will Learn to…
- Articulate key cultural differences between military & civilian work environments
- Apply the Military Transition Framework™ to assess individual progress through the transition
- Coach clients on proven success factors and thematic derailers
- Anticipate and mitigate challenges faced by Reservists and Wounded Warriors
- Discern solid resources from the sea of emerging options
- Integrate former military personnel into the spectrum of clients served
- Leverage lessons learned and “promising practices”
Call to register: 703-728-4668