I am so excited to announce my next two-day certification course, offering 12 pre-approved credit hours from the Human Resources Certificate Institute (HRCI). “The Essentials of Hiring and Retaining Veterans” will be held September 22 and 23, 2011 in Fairfax, VA. AFCEA, the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association, will host us at its international headquarters.
AFCEA provides the perfect backdrop because, like Military Transitions™, it is committed to advancing knowledge and relationships across public and private sectors of government, military and industry.
During the 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. workday, participants will learn how to:
• Navigate the cultural differences between military & civilian work environments;
• Accelerate learning curve for leaders & accelerate Return on Investment (ROI);
• Distinguish between transition issues and performance issues;
• Lead coaching conversations with veterans, regarding transition & performance;
• Equip line managers to lead, motivate and retain veterans; and
• Create a “culture of retention” for veterans and all employees.
Each participant will receive a sample learning kit for military hires; an audio program called, “Your Military Transition™” (3 full-length CDs); 100+ page workbook of learning exercises; a special edition ASTD InfoLine, “Onboarding Veterans into the Civilian Workplace” and a Certificate of Completion.
Like any valuable resource, recruiting, engaging and retaining veterans can be a challenge for Human Resource professionals. My two-day certification course offers all of the information Human Resources professionals need to successfully hire and retain military veterans.
The two-day certification course with 12 pre-approved credits from HRCI is $1,800 for participants from commercial industry; $1,500 for participants from government. To sign up, please visit http://militarytransitions.biz/services/hiring_and_retaining_veterans. And, don’t hesitate to contact me at Emily@MilitaryTransitions.biz with any questions! I hope to see you in September!